Sept 2016- Sept 2019
Research Associate, Institute of Adventist Studies, Theologische Hochschule Friedensau, Germany
20-22, Feb 2018
Member, ESDA 2018 EDCOM. Representative of the Inter-European and Euro-Asian Regional Editors of Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventism at ESDA Editorial Committee Conference Held at the Seventh-day Adventists General Conference Hqtrs, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904.
12–14 Jan 2016
Member, ESDA project 2016 EDCOM. Representative of the Regional Editor of Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventism at ESDA Editorial Committee Conference Held at the Seventh-day Adventists General Conference Hqtrs, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904.
Sept 2015- Sept 2016
Research Assistant, Institute of Adventist Studies, Theologische Hochschule Friedensau, Germany
Nov 2012- Sep 2015
High School Teacher in Christian Religious Studies, Federal Government of Nigeria in Collaboration with NYSC at Upata 1 Community Secondary School, Edeoha, Rivers State, Nigeria. Taught basics in Christian Religious Studies in relation to the Nigerian state.
Ph.D. Student, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Thesis: “Seventh-day Adventism in Nigeria: Ecclesiological Praxis of A Prophetic Community.”
1 Oct 2013–30 Sep 2015
Master of Theological Studies major in Mission Studies with cognate in Adventist Studies, Theologische Hochschule Friedensau, Möckern (Germany). Master’s Thesis: “God-Talk as Trialogue: A Model for Theologizing with an Adventist Case Study.”
1 Aug 2008–3 Jun 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Theology, First Class honors (Suma Cum Laude), Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State (Nigeria).
- MTS 101 History of Mission, for the Module in Master of Theological Studies 10: History and Theology of Mission (WiSe 2017/2018).
- MTS111 Cultural Anthropology and Inculturation for the Module in Master of Theological Studies 11: Missiological Issues (SoSe 2017).
- MTS131 Academic Writing Skills for the Module in Master of Theological Studies 13 Studium Generale I (WiSe 2016/17, SoSe 2017, WiSe 2017/2018).
- MTS130 Academic Research Methods for the Module in Master of Theological Studies 13 Studium Generale I (WiSe 2016/17, SoSe 2017, WiSe 2017/2018).
- MTS063 Theology and History of Adventist Mission for the Module in Master of Theological Studies 06 Adventist Theology in Context (WiSe 2016/17).
- Article: “Constructs in Contexts: Models of Contextualizing Adventist Theology.” International Bulletin of Mission Research, January, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/2396939318754759.
- Book Review of William A. Dyrness and Oscar García-Johnson, Theology without Borders: An Introduction to Global Conversations. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2015, 192pp. In Ministry, January 2017: 29.
- Book Review of Jayson Georges, The 3D Gospel: Ministry in Guilt, Shame, and Fear Culture. Time Press, 2016, 82 pp. In Ministry, July, 2017: 29.
- Article: “The Salvation of Non-Christians in Africa: An Adventist Perspective.” September 2015:10-13.
- Article: “Internet Evangelism: An Effective Method for Soul-winning in the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Nigeria.” Asia Africa Journal of Mission and Ministry. 2015:149-170. (Co-authored with Philemon O. Amanze).
- Article: “The Philosophy of Speaking in Tongues as a Manifestation of the Holy Spirit: Revisiting the Phenomena of Glossolalia in the Book of Acts,” Journal of Communication and Culture, 3.3 (December 2012): 12-17.
- Article: “The First Becoming the Last: An Exegetical Study of Matthew 19:23-30,” Journal of Communication and Culture, 2.3 (December 2011):75–81 (Co-Authored with Gauis A. Umahi).
- The Durham Conference on Ecclesiology and Ethnography Conference 2018, St. John’s College, Durham University, United Kingdom September 11-13, 2018. Paper Presented: “Denominational Heritage: Between Preservation and Innovation.”
- Institute of Adventist Studies Symposium: Contours of European Adventism: Issues in the History of the Denomination on the Old Continent,Theologische Hochschule Friedensau, Germany, April 23-26, 2018. Paper Presented: “European Adventist Approaches to Contextualization.”
- 10th GloPent Conference: The Future of Pentecostalism, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, February 9-10, 2018. Paper Presented: “Why are You Praying to the God of Elijah Like the Prophets of Baal? Counter Pentecostal Narratives of Seventh-day Adventists in Nigeria.”
- The Durham Conference on Ecclesiology and Ethnography Conference 2017, St. John’s College, Durham University, United Kingdom, September 12-14, 2017. Paper Presented: “‘I Am Not A Prayer Warrior.’ A Case Study of Prayer Praxis of Seventh-day Adventists in Nigeria.”
- European Theology Teachers Convention, Theologische Hochschule Friedensau, Germany, April 19-23, 2017. Paper Presented: “Theological Ethnography as a Tool for Human Accountability.”
Publications with Research Projects (finished and ongoing)
- Co-editing: Proceedings of the Third Institute of Adventist Studies Symposium, Friedensau. Forthcoming in 2019.
- Copy Formatting: Just Do it?! Recognition and Reception in Ecumenical Relations/ Anerkennung und Rezeption im ökumenischen Miteinander, eds. Dagmar Heller and Minna Hietamäki. Proceedings of the 19th Academic Consultation of the Societas Oecumenica. Beihefte zur Ökumenischen Rundschau Nr. 117. Leizig: Evangelische Verlagsanstalt, 2017.
- Project Manager: Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventists Project in the Inter-European and Euro-Asian Divisions, 2015-2020.
- “My Observations of the Youth Leaders Congress.” Adventist Review. August 13, 2018 :https://www.adventistreview.org/my-observations-of-the-youth-leaders-congress
- With Kerstin Maiwald, “In Germany, Symposium Discusses European Adventism.” Adventist Review. May 1, 2018: https://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story6070-in-germany-symposium-discusses-european-adventism
- “Ghanaische Adventisten in Europa: Ein Beispiel für ‚Mission von überall nach überall‘ oder ‚umgekehrte Mission.‘ Dialog. Juli/August/September, 2017: 12.
- “3 Ways Ghanaian Adventists Are Sharing Jesus in Europe.” Adventist Review. August 25, 2016: http://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story4304-3-ways-ghanaian-adventists-are-sharing-jesus-in-europe