Photo gallery of former headmasters and rectors ceremoniously unveiled
24. Oct. 2019
The 120th anniversary of Friedensau has given rise to various small and large events in recent weeks to commemorate this event. On the evening of October 12, 2019, Rector Prof. Fischer unveiled a photo gallery of all headmasters, directors, rectors in office since 1899.
The first headmaster was Otto Lüpke (1871-1914), after whom the oldest university building in Friedensau is named. Many former students still call the Otto Lüpke Building the "Old School". It houses the chapel with its prominent rose window, the rector's office, the deans' offices, seminar and study rooms as well as apartments for female students.
From 1899 to 1914, Otto Lüpke was headmaster of the former Mission and Industry School in Friedensau. The most important school buildings and the structure of the first training courses were set up under his leadership. From 1928 to 1933, Dr. Wilhelm Michael was headmaster; he also taught German and Old Languages. He was deported by the Russian occupiers in 1945 and died in an internment camp. The former "New School" is named after him. The new photo gallery contains portraits of these two men and of another 15 people. You may have a look at the photo gallery in the first floor of the north wing of the Otto Lüpke Building, An der Ihle 5, during the normal office hours.